Entry Level- Inside Sales Specialist
VAHLE is a leading global manufacturer of electrification and automation products. We serve a diverse group of industries, including assembly automation, amusement, intralogistics, crane technology and port technology. Our headquarters are located in Kamen, Germany and our Katy, Texas location is the leading subsidiary for the North American market.
VAHLE, Inc. is currently seeking to a hire a Entry-Level Inside Sales Specialist for our Katy, Texas location.
The Inside Sales Specialist owns the end-to-end responsibility for providing exceptional customer service for customers in a designated territory and by doing so, serves to process all types of customer inquiries, requests, quotes and orders for the assigned customer base in close collaboration with the designated Outside Sales Manager for the specific territory. The position holder is responsible for following up on open requests/quotes, tracking account history and customer POs as well as monitoring customer trends, and providing timely customer service to resolve issues. Furthermore, the role collaboratively works together with designated Outside Sales Manager on after sales initiatives. As a direct point-of-contact for customer interactions, the role actively builds relationships and professionally services customer accounts. The position seeks to anticipate customer needs, including critical thinking to troubleshoot and problem solve and continuously shares knowledge with related departments (e.g. Outside Sales, Technical Sales and Logistics). The Specialist is responsible to contribute to the profitable growth of VAHLE Inc.
Depending on the seniority of the position holder, the position might own the following additional responsibilities:
- handling of assigned key accounts
- handling of assigned framework contracts acting as project manager (considering commercial aspects of a project)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the entire range of VAHLE products and services and provide thorough product knowledge and recommendations regarding use.
- Determine the most economic and efficient solutions for customers.
- Efficiently manage time to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks throughout the day.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with new and existing customers providing comprehensive follow through for quotes and sales orders of parts, components, or complete systems until completed to customer satisfaction.
- Prepare sales quotes within defined time frame, entering data correctly into the SAP software program and confirmation to customer.
- Process customer orders accurately and within defined time frame according to the customer purchase orders.
- Enter data correctly into the SAP software and confirm order with customer.
- Follow up on quotes within given timeframe (see standard sales process).
- Answer customer calls and email requests in a timely manner, monitoring incoming calls and the sales inbox.
- Make decisions by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of VAHLE in relation and support of customer needs.
- Conduct follow-through on all orders to customer receipt of goods.
- Own responsibility for accuracy of SAP Customer Master Data for assigned customers.
- Effective, professional and timely, ongoing communication and intricate coordination with related departments managers and staff to accomplish goals e.g.
- Coordinate with the Operations Department to determine acceptable delivery deadlines based on inventory, customer needs, and shipping and receiving factors as required
- Coordinate with Technical Sales Department as required for completion of technical system orders, customer layout drawings, or engineered production items
- Keep consistent and clear communication with customers regarding changes in status of orders, deliveries and provide information to track customer communication
- Act as escalation level in case of customer complaints and disputes in accordance with VAHLE’s customer service philosophy.
- Process customer repair and/or return merchandise orders as required, accurately and efficiently, and communicate order information with appropriate parties (end-to-end process responsibility).
- Support of after sales activities in close cooperation and coordination with designated Outside Sales Manager.
- Maintain all customer/order related documents in repository of record as directed by company and capture sales stages, manage quotations and orders, and other deliverables for accurate status of orders, sales (100% utilization of SAP & CRM software).
- Meet established KPIs for the position including order/quote entry completion rate, order accuracy, time to resolution rate, customer follow up response rate, and others as established by the Inside Sales Manager.
- Frequently coordinate with other Commercial Sales Specialists, Outside Sales Team, Technical Sales, Engineering Team and Warehouse Team to enhance knowledge, share best practices, provide feedback and deliver best possible solutions to customers.
- Recommend improvements in order to increase sales, customer service, and business partnerships.
Additional Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below are on an ‘As needed Basis’
☐ Project Management
Assist with Oversight and management of assigned customer projects following the VAHLE Project Management Guidelines, including but not limited to:
- Review and confirm parts and resource availability and allocation.
- Monitor and track progress according to the project plan
- Maintain accurate project documentation
- Maintain clear and consistent communication as an individual contributor to the team
- Provide updated information and key risks to the necessary stakeholders after determining acceptable delivery deadlines based on inventory, customer needs and factors affecting logistics.
- Coordinate with Vahle Group to support the on-time execution of projects
- Operate with a high level of organization, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Perform other duties as required by the nature of the position or as requested by the Project Manager or Inside Sales Team Leader
Summary of critical goals and key successes the position holder is held accountable for. The accountable person takes responsibility for everything that happens as a result of the actions that were taken.
- Accountable for objectives within position’s scope that contribute to the achievement of revenue goals, EBIT targets, product turnover in markets and product groups, growth by customer/industry/region which are measured by defined business goals and KPIs.
- Accountable for the accuracy of SAP Master Data for assigned customer base.
- Accountable for the qualified end-to-end support (complete and continuous) of a customer inquiry for assigned customer base.
- Accountable for the accuracy of quoting (commercial aspects) and the efficient handling of orders for assigned customer base.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction regarding customer services provided by the position holder
- Accountable for performing project managements tasks corresponding to VAHLE Project Management Guidelines
High school diploma required, University degree in a Business-related field Preferred
- 3+ years of proven related job experience in wholesale, distribution or manufacturing industries is required preferably with international business relations (ideally with HQ abroad).
- Must demonstrate ability to manage customer accounts, including needs assessment, meeting quality standards, and evaluation of customer technical requirements and specifications.
- Proven ability to build up sustainable and strong partnership with (strategic) customers.
- Experience in successfully handling customer complaints and ability to produce creative and positive solutions for customer service through solid time management and planning skills.
- Ability to handle and progress on multiple tasks.
- Experience in application of KPIs.
- Ability to successfully drive technical projects with multiple parties involved.
- Strong user of SAP, CRM software
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word
- Basic Electronic & Mechanic Knowledge is preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401K Company match plan
- 12 Paid holidays
Great work environment, excellent team spirit, opportunities to learn and grow!