The Service Technician (I) is responsible for the qualified delivering of installation, trouble shooting, repair, and other services for the standard range of VAHLE electrification and automation products and services for our customers at VAHLE as well as at onsite locations. The Technician supports and help develop relationships with the customer onsite and offsite e.g. by proactively searching for opportunities to provide VAHLE solutions and services that optimize the customer’s operations. Thus, the Technician indirectly contributes to the profitable growth of VAHLE Inc. business. Furthermore, the Technician might be responsible to functionally lead, supervise, or train a team of (third party) Technicians onsite.
Responsibility is task-oriented and focuses on duties, obligations and processes that must be in place to satisfactorily perform a task and achieve a goal.
- Effectively and accurately perform installations, commissioning, inspections, supervisions, repairs and troubleshooting at customer site locations individually or with team members
- Take over onsite responsibility as Technician Lead if Engineering & Service Manager is not present
- Effectively and accurately read and adhere to provided system layout drawings during services
- Manage assigned tool and equipment inventory and bag and inspects tools regularly for safety and condition
- Serve as the point of contact for the customer during services when a supervisor is not onsite and provide quality customer service e.g. inform customer proactively about status updates
- Build up trustful relationship with the customer onsite and actively seek opportunities to educate customers about (upselling) VAHLE products and services to increase our business base with the customers (inform Supervisor about potential after sales opportunities)
- Available to travel as required (e.g. at last minute in the event of emergencies or other unplanned site occurrences, during planned site shutdowns, during holidays, etc.) and organize travel arrangements according to VAHLE Inc. policies
- Conduct himself/herself professionally at all times (e.g. at home office, while on job sites, and during travel to/from job sites)
- Remain compliant with all legal and regulatory OSHA safety requirements and certifications
- Implement and practice OSHA Safety Standards at both office and customer site locations in order to maintain OSHA compliance and provide insights and suggestion to Engineering & Service Manager
- Work to achieve expert level of product knowledge and applications within the VAHLE Certification Program
- If requested, assist in training of VAHLE Technicians in various capacities including hands-on training, site-training, etc. to become proficient in VAHLE systems as well as applications
- Internal resources: lead and manage a core team of Technicians at onsite location if required by service quote under consideration of the best interest of VAHLE Inc. and applying VAHLE Inc. service philosophy; provide direction on behalf of Manager of Service & Engineering; ensure that site reports are completed by all team members in an accurate, detailed, and timely manner and send documentation of completed site reports per assignment for quality check to Manager Service & Engineering
- External resources: lead and manage a core team of Technicians at onsite location if required by service quote under consideration of the best interest of VAHLE Inc. and applying VAHLE Inc. service philosophy
- Electronic, Electrical & Mechanical prowess (knowledge of concepts and theories for electrical applications is fundamental)
- Familiar with AutoCAD , SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDEDGE.
- Familiar with Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC (Program Logic Control) system, DCS (Distributed Control System), Schematics, SAP and other electrical control systems.
- Interpret complex prints, drawings, and other industry related documents
- Familiar with high/low voltage electrical components, such as sensors, switches, contactors, and other electrical components Basic computer knowledge e.g. first experience with MS Outlook, Excel, Word
- Accountable that assigned installation services are properly installed when handed over to customer and put into service
- Accountable to report any anomalies or defects related to VAHLE products or applications Accountable for completion of accurate and detailed expense reports following VAHLE Inc.’s reporting guidelines
- Technical Education-ideally technical/electrical focus combined with apprenticeship or higher is preferred
- Electrical of other related industry certification is preferred