Regional Sales Manager - Florida
Posted: February 7, 2020
VAHLE is a world leading manufacturer of mobile electrification products with over 100 years of innovation and tradition. This expertise has evolved to include mobile data and communication systems, absolute positioning systems and control systems. VAHLE products are implemented around the world wherever safety, quality, and reliability are top priorities. VAHLE offers solutions for the crane technology, assembly automation, amusement and intralogistics markets among many others.
The Regional Sales Manager in Florida is responsible for the sale of VAHLE, Inc products or services within a variety of existing and new markets within the Florida region, with a large focus on the amusement industry. This position pursues, monitors, and wins bids for major projects within the area, maintains relationships with market customers, and drives the success and development of sales and growth via new customers. The position will develop an understanding of and promote VAHLE products, services, and systems including conductor bar systems, positioning systems, data communication systems, vPOWER systems, etc. that are appropriate to the various markets we serve in order to increase sales and profitability with existing and new customer opportunities. In addition, the Regional Sales Manager plans and implements sales initiatives that ensure execution of and optimizes VAHLE, Inc.’s established sales strategies, and builds growth as per the KPIs for this position. This position reports directly to the Sales Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily management and development of sales in specified region or territory.
- Responsible for development of sales and growth via existing and new customer relationships as per the KPIs.
- Manage to the KPIs established for the position including sales activity, pipeline flow, and achieved outcomes.
- Responsible for revenue goals and increases in sales of product groups and markets, and sales growth as defined by the KPIs.
- Goal setting in conjunction with Executive Management to achieve targets including net revenue and growth by customer, market, product and region.
- Manage VAHLE, Inc.’s representative network, as required, to achieve targets including net revenue and growth by customer, market, product, and region.
- Analyze and professionally report on sales statistics, such as volume, gross revenue, sales expenses, and customer demographics as required.
- Wholly utilize and integrate CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software and ensure 100% adoption to capture sales stages, manage quotations, and other deliverables for accurate status of orders, sales, projects in progress, and orders lost and won and the root cause for lost orders.
- Formulate and execute strategies and development plans to win new customers through site visits, cold calling, Lunch and Learns, and other means.
- Resolve customer complaints and disputes in accordance with VAHLE, Inc.’s customer service philosophy.
- Meet with customers to learn of their evolving needs and to assess and develop the quality of the company’s relationship with the customer.
- Proactively contact and develop ongoing customer relationships to convert inquiries, quotations, and projects into recorded and shipped sales.
- Make decisions by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting for the benefit of VAHLE, Inc. in relation to and in support of customer needs.
- Effective, professional, timely, and ongoing communication and intricate coordination with related departmental managers and staff to accomplish goals.
- Present reports weekly to track sales flow, top customers, potential revenue, and issues as required.
- Make high caliber presentations to various groups within the customer’s organization and within VAHLE, Inc. as needed.
- Apply VAHLE product knowledge to meet customer needs in a variety of applications.
- Complete accurate and detailed expense reports following VAHLE Inc.’s reporting guidelines.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Sales Director.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- Knowledge and experience with Amusement Market applications is required.
- Must live in the Florida region and be available to travel throughout the state.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to collect and interpret sales data by analyzing different markets, products, services, gross revenues and profit, and demographics of the purchasing customer.
- Demonstrable experience as developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of VAHLE, Inc. products and services and to position products against competitors.
- Considered and effective communication skills that include active listening, articulation of ideas and concepts, a confident presence, and emotional intelligence to manage complex relationships and to plan, communicate with employees, peers, customers, Executive Management, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency and mastery of utilizing CRM software to identify status of leads and orders and to identify and minimize gaps and root cause where VAHLE, Inc. is not obtaining market share goals.
- Advanced skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and other software applications.
- Knowledge of concepts and theories for electrical and automation applications is preferred.
- Professional attitude and presentation are necessary to develop business relationships encountered in this position.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and current passorport or the ability to obtain a passport.
Training and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering is preferred and 3+ years in the amusement applications industry is required; however, 7+ years of proven experience in an amusement applications related position (ie. maintenance, design, etc.) may be substituted. Previous work in account management or in sales rep experience in wholesale, distribution, or manufacturing industries is preferred. This position requires the use and understanding of the English language including speaking, spelling, content and structure, and general math functions. Requires proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, Access, Word, and PowerPoint programs. Experience with SAP CRM software is preferred.