Director of Accounting and Human Resources
VAHLE is a world leading manufacturer of mobile electrification products with over 100 years of innovation and tradition.This expertise has evolved to include mobile data and communication systems, absolute positioning systems, and control systems. VAHLE products are implemented around the world wherever safety, quality and reliability are top priorities. VAHLE offers solutions for the crane technology, assembly automation, amusement and intralogistics markets amongmany others. VAHLE, Inc. is a subsidiary of German headquarters for North America.
The Director Accounting and Human Resources reports to the President of VAHLE Inc. and is accountable for all accounting and human resources operations of the company. This includes but is not limited to the production of periodic financial reports and maintenance of account records and budgets as well as the smooth run of human resources operations such as recruiting, training, evaluation, counseling and coaching, compensation and benefits administration, disciplinary and compliance issues. This position oversees Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable staff, as well as the Administrative Support Clerk and our external Training and IT consultant (5 direct reports).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cooperative leadership and supervision of employees within the area of responsibility, motivation of workforce and promotion of a performance-oriented culture.
- Effective, professional and timely, ongoing communication and intricate coordination with related departmentsmanagers and staff to accomplish goals set by executive management and the parent company. This includes regular status quo exchange with VAHLE Group key interfaces.
- Preparation of all reports, including any required tax filings to local and federal authorities, management report to HQ (Germany), and management reporting to executive management for VAHLE INC in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collaboration with local management and HQ with regards to preparation of annual budget, 3-year business plan as well as financial planning in general.
- Consultation of management team (local/global) with regards to financial/accounting issues, analysis and ad hoc requests.
- Coordination of external audits for annual audit process and close collaboration with local tax authorities, bank and insurance companies.
- Further development and optimization of the existing ERP-system and related operations.
- Continuous financial evaluation of all substantial contracts (e.g. rental/lease contracts, license fees for IT software, service agreements) and contact for third-party service provider (e.g. payroll, IT).
- Development and application of a local human resources strategy considering all aspects of the employee life cycle and based on our corporate strategy, global VAHLE Group standards and in close coordination with the parent company.
- Management of and responsibility for smooth run of human resources operations such as recruiting, training, evaluation, counseling and coaching, compensation and benefits administration, disciplinary and compliance issues
- Consultation of management team (local/global) on personnel and organizational issues as well as moderation and support of change processes within the company.
- Continuous evaluation and development of company policies and procedures as well as employment contracts and agreements.
- Coordination of third-party HR service provider including evaluation of commissioned service portfolio.
- Preparation and verification of bi-weekly payroll calculation.
- Preparation and verification of bi-weekly 401(k) employee and employer contributions.
- Ensuring smooth operations with regards to all receptionist & administrative tasks
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY
- University degree in finance/accounting or economics (ideally CPA qualification)
- Several years of professional accounting and human resources leadership experience in a medium-sized manufacturing company (20-50 employees) with international business relations (ideally with HQ abroad)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable accounting standards (e.g. US GAAP) as well as local and national tax regulations and experience in preparation of bi-weekly payroll.
- Solid work experience and proficiency with SAP accounting software
- Experience with the successful initiation, implementation and monitoring of human resources processes andpractices as well as change management processes
- Experience in working together with third parties e.g. external auditors, bankers, insurance brokers, and (IT) service providers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems as well as result-oriented and entrepreneurial action combined with pronounced sense of responsibility
- Confident communication behavior in exchange with different target groups and business fluent in English
- Valid driver's license and current passport or the ability to obtain a passport